Friday, March 6, 2009

What am I supposed to be learning??

So I had this revelation this morning on my way to school. Don't you think it is important for kids to know what it is they are supposed to be learning? Sometimes I feel like I am taking my students on this wild adventure and they haven't got the slightest clue where we are headed. I can relate this to our readings on architecture and design. In one of the articles we read it talked about the important of light sources. I have a very long dark hallway with no natural light in my house. So I placed a small table and a lamp at the end of that hallway. So now, every night as I make my way down the hallway I see where it is I am headed. I LOVE this new source of light in my house. It makes such a huge difference. So... don't you think our kids need to see the light so that they know where they are headed? I am starting to place learning targets on my board daily. This will let the kids know what it is they are expected to learn that day and why they need to know it. We'll see if it makes a difference?!

No comments:

Post a Comment