Tuesday, March 3, 2009

slow down

While viewing the examples of the work of art projects, I took an interest in the project on news reporting. The professional news reporter was very articulate. She did not run her words together. She spoke clearly and most of all.... to the point. I need to do more of that. I find myself rambling at times while talking to my students. NOT a good idea when you teach 6-8 year olds. You only have their attention for so long, so WHY waste the time on unnecessary words? While talking to them I need to get to the point. I also read that kids at this age only hear words at the rate of 80 words per minute. The common speaking rate for adults is 100+ words per minute. I need to SLOW down because my kids are just not hearing/comprehending what I am saying. Ha! Who would've thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment