Thursday, March 19, 2009

Steady rollin'

I am really seeing a connection with my teaching practice and this module on music, as I am sure you are. How do I keep the music going in my classroom? One of the songs I analyzed reminded me of a rolling train. Steady rhythm and never off track. Am I doing everything to ensure the same while teaching specific units across the curriculum? As teachers, especially new teachers, it is very easy to get caught up in just trying to get to everything. Even though I want my lessons to run steadily, I don't want to rush through them just to get to the next topic. If the train is rolling too fast it will be hard to notice if any of my passengers or cargo fell off!

There's nothing worse than song being played too fast!

2 comments:

  1. When I started teaching, i was so concerned with the pace, hoped to cover everything I have put down in my lesson plan but still tried to keep an elegant pace in the same time.

    Gaoming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am confused between the importance between vertical VS Lateral thinking. I want a Middle path, but really don't know if it exists.

    ReplyDelete